Free Shipping on most orders over $75
Jewelry Cleaning and Care
To extend the life of your jewelry, please follow these care instructions:
-Store each item individually in the own soft pouch or box so they don't get damaged, scratched or tangled.
- Store your jewelry away from direct sunlight, in a dark, cool and dry place.
- To avoid oxidation (that causes your jewelry to tarnish), you can store your jewelry in a sealed plastic bag that will keep out the air and help reduce the oxidation process.
- Keep your chains and bracelets fastened so they don't get mixed up.
- Avoid water, extreme humidity and heat as this may cause your jewelry to discolor.
- Keep your jewelry bright and shinny by avoiding contact with home detergents or chemical products such as perfumes, makeup, body oils, sun creams, lotions, deodorant and nail polish removers.
- Take off your jewelry before your daily rituals such as - showering, lotion, perfume, exercise, washing dishes, etc.
- Before bedtime, lay your jewelry out flat on a fabric surface to avoid tangling and/or scratching.
How to clean your jewelry:
With time and wear, sterling silver jewelry pieces may lose their original brilliance. To bring back and maintain their shine, you can clean them with a soft and non-abrasive jewelry cloth. You can also wash them with warm water and a gentle hand soap using a soft toothbrush.
A silver-polishing cloth is a great tool to make your sterling silver jewelry shine again if the pieces have become dull. However, it will not remove scratches. Silver-polishing cloths may be purchased from our store.
Gold plated items should only be cleaned with silver polishing cloth.
Consider exceptions to the cleaning process of jewelry that includes pearls, leathers, glam film and enamels. Contact our store for specialized jewelry cleaning.
We do not recommend using jewelry polishes for everyday clean as these usually contain harsh abrasives which can considerably damage your jewelry.